An absolute joy on the water, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is an impressively approachable trimaran sailing kayak.
Ride the wind: A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail provides lift, a retractable centerboard prevents lateral slip, and the larger amas tuck parallel against the rotomolded polyethylene hull for docking. Multiple hatches, on-deck stowage and Vantage CT Seating encourage multi-day adventures, and the MirageDrive with Glide Technology offers paddle-free locomotion when the wind scatters, making it easy to get home.
The “AI” is an exceptional bluewater-capable fishing platform. Equip the accessory trampoline kit for walk-around stability. Flexible too; use it with just a single ama or leave the sail at home to pedal or paddle.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 16' 7" / 5.05 m
- Beam w/ Amas Out: 9' 6" / 2.90 m
- Beam w/ Amas Folded In: 44" / 1.12 m
- Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.44 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 104.6 lbs / 47.45 kg *
- Fully Rigged Weight: 142 lbs / 64.4 kg *
- Mast Length: 16' 6" / 5.03 m
- Sail Area: 65 sq ft / 6.04 m2
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Fitted Hull Weight: includes all standard features that are permanently attached, e.g. hatches, handles, rudder, hardware.
Fully Rigged Weight: includes all standard features that are permanently attached, plus all other standard features that are removable, e.g. MirageDrive, seat, paddles, gear bucket, water bottle, cassette plug, PA (removable liner), Islands (sail, amas, akas, daggerboard).
- Vantage CT Seat
- Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
- Kick-Up Island Rudder
- Lowrance Ready
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Roller-Furling Main Sail
- Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket
- Two Color-Coordinated Amas
- Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage