Fun alone and even more fun with a friend, the Hobie Mirage Outfitter is the ideal all-day boat.
The design brief was simple: create an easy-to-use, performance-minded, rotomolded polyethylene kayak that provides years of reliable service. Built-in drink holders and utility trays, dual helms and MirageDrives—plus a mast step for the optional Sail kit—give the Outfitter serious legs, and the boat’s wide beam, relative to its tidy length, delivers a stable, stowable and comfortable platform.
- Crew: 1-2
- Length: 12' 8" / 3.86 m
- Width: 34" / .86 m
- Capacity: 425 lbs / 193 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 86 lbs / 39.01 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 111.6 lbs / 50.62 kg
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
Height is the maximum height of the boat at any location, while it is laying flat on the ground.
Fitted Hull Weight: includes all standard features that are permanently attached, e.g. hatches, handles, rudder, hardware.
Fully Rigged Weight: includes all standard features that are permanently attached, plus all other standard features that are removable, e.g. MirageDrive, seat, paddles, gear bucket, water bottle, cassette plug, PA (removable liner), Islands (sail, amas, akas, daggerboard).
- Dual Steering
- Four Molded-In Rod Holders
- Sail Mount
- Three 8” Twist and Seal Hatches
- Twist and Stow Rudder
- Two Adjustable High-Back Padded Seats with Inflatable Lumbar Support
- Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
- Two MirageDrives®
- Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage